[NatureNS] Retraction of Peggy's Cove Route Analysis

From: "James Hirtle" <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 00:25:40 +0000

I guess I should retract my statement about species being down in numbers.
I just looked at last years stats and I only found 51 species.  This year I
had 53.  Notable missing species were northern waterthrush and American
Redstart.  I missed a few species seen last year, but picked up a few this
year.  Hooded Merganser was new as an example.  I did not get terns on the
route this year, where I had both common and arctic last year.  The island
where they were nesting last year was vacant.  In comparing numbers of birds
seen, most species were up substancially.  Grackles were far lower as the
only other noticeable change.  I guess I did far better than I thought as
there seemed to be far fewer species active earlier in the day, when I
should have had more, but overall the stats turned out okey.

James R. Hirtle
Dublin Shore

Windows Live Hotmail, with safety bar colour coding, helps identify
suspicious mail before it takes your daughter out on a date. Upgrade today
for a better look. www.newhotmail.ca?icid=WLHMENCA152