[NatureNS] Re: NatureNS and the NS-RBA

Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 20:27:53 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Blake Maybank <maybank@ns.sympatico.ca>

At 02:44 PM 13/06/2007, Ulli wrote:
>-It would be great if postings to NSRB would be automatically
>forwarded to NatureNS (Blake, would it be possible to set this up?).

No, it is not possible.   If anyone subscribed to NatureNS is really
interested in the occurrence of rare birds, they should join the NS-RBA.

There are a number of reasons why NatureNS is not a good forum for
announcing rarities.  Messages are sometimes delayed, sometimes for a
day or more, especially if the sender uses some phrase that triggers
the spam filter.  As well, there are no public archives for message
posted to NatureNS.    And messages sent to Yahoo arrive almost
immediately.  Also, on the Yahoo site, images can be posted as well,
which is very often important when dealing with rare birds.

If anyone on NatureNS would like to join the NS-RBA, please let me know.

Cheers,

Blake Maybank
Editor, "Nova Scotia Birds"

author, "Birding Sites of Nova Scotia"