[NatureNS] FW: re Dead Moose at Port Lorne

Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 01:26:47 -0300
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

From: Tony L Nette <NETTEAL@gov.ns.ca>[Dept. of Nat. Resources, Wildlife
Div., Kentville]

Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 18:13:57 -0300
To: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
Subject: Re: FW: [NatureNS] Dead Moose at Port Lorne

That would actually be the 4th one this year (since January) washed up on
the NS Bay of Fundy shore.
We do take what samples we can but usually they are well decomposed by the
time we get our hands on them.  DNA is saved and when we have a more robust
data set on NS moose, we may be able to conform if they are NS or NB
animals.
We are aware of this one now but please remind your readership of how to
report moose sightings... everything helps.  See
https://www.gov.ns.ca/natr/wildlife/web/msform.htm
Or call your local DNR office
Thanks
TN