[NatureNS] Cape May Warbler - Leps & Odes

From: "James Hirtle" <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 17:58:12 +0000

Today I had a lovely male Cape May warbler singing at the top of a tree in
Petite Riviere.  It was just before the Petite School.  Odes and Leps of all
shapes and sizes were everywhere today.  Most did nto stop long enough for
me to gain a positive id.  There were a lot of tiger swallowtails.  A lot of
spring azures.  I got a photo of one other butterfly, but I'll have to id
it.  It was a small white one with black markings.  There were also small
orange ones and one that looked like a fritillary, but these would not stop
long enough for an id.  Of course the Cabbage whites were out and about.
The odes were hard to id.  I did not have my book with me and there are so
many that look alike, that by the time I got back to the car I was unsure of
which one that was present.  There was one emerald sp.  One that I think was
a Lancelet clubtail.  There was a definite female dot-tailed whiteface.  An
elfin skimmer  There were other clubtails and other species, but I could not
determine the id's.  I was only able to get one photo and I shall have to
key that species out from it and let those interested know later.

James R. Hirtle
Dublin Shore

Windows Live Hotmail with drag and drop, you can easily move and organize
your mail in one simple step. Get it today!
www.newhotmail.ca?icid=WLHMENCA153