[NatureNS] FW: Odd Crow behavior

Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 11:12:32 -0300
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--Boundary_(ID_J1+JjNq5Cr3c1VT1yfCyFw)

Aren't there stories from "hunters" about such behaviour of crows toward
injured crows being useful for being then able to keep shooting them while
the injured birds were being mobbed?

And aren't there similar stories for hunting shorebirds in the old days? --
I think I read about that in "The Last Curlew" by Fred Bodsworth, a
wonderful historical yet fictional account of the demise of the Eskimo
Curlew.  I believe such behaviour was supposed to be also true for other
shorebirds like plovers?

Cheers? :-( from Jim in Wolfville