[NatureNS] Primulae

From: "Heather Drope" <heather.drope@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 08:50:57 -0300

David Webster inquired about our field trip on Sunday
afternoon. David I can send you a digital print. The plants
are found growing in the small hollowed out spots on a
sandstone cliff which in turn has water dripping from it. The
cliff has been carved out at it's base by many
hundreds/thousands of years of rushing spring water.
David, I have seen your name on some of the excursions of
the fiftys in Cheticamp (Acadia Herbarium records) and you
would know what a wonderful site these plants can be..
This site that we were at was documented in 1941.
As for the name of the primula, I had in my records that it
was P.laurentiana. A white version. I am now confused.
Heather D