[NatureNS] Blue Moon

Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 19:57:21 -0300
From: Bob Lindsay <rhlindsay@accesswave.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi, folks.

In recent years, there was a discussion about blue moons, but I don't
recall where I read it, and apparently I didn't bookmark the website.

So I went searching for it again just now, and found an article about it
at Sky and Telescope's website. Apparently, there are other definitions
of a blue moon. The article suggests that the definition of the second
full moon in one month is a misconception, and goes on to explain how
that occurred.

You can find the article at:

http://www.skyandtelescope.com/observing/objects/moon/3304131.html

cheers,