[NatureNS] Bird ID. Savannah Sparrow or White-throated sparrow? photo

Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 16:57:38 -0400 (EDT)
From: Suzanne Borkowski <suzanneborkowski@yahoo.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Peter;

This is definitely a Savannah Sparrow.  Look at the
streaking on the breast.  White-throated Sparrows are
clear-breasted.  The yellow above the eye on
Wht-throats is a short bar running from the bill to
the eye.  On a Savannah, it's much longer.

Savannahs are often found along coastlines,  even if
there are woods there instead of fields.

Think of Savannah Sparrows as Song Sparrows with a
yellow eyebrow stripe.

Cheers;
Suzanne

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/237/523484450_3aac2533d3_o.jpg