[NatureNS] Whitetail Deer and piping plover.

From: "Roland McCormick" <roland.mccormick@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 19:34:21 -0300

Hello Dean -
       I was on Cape Island today and saw the big signs about the piping
plover at Daniel Head. Unfortunately I got too close to the signs and when I
tried to leave I got stuck in the sand. Clyde Stoddard came along and got
help to push me out.  Anyone visiting Daniel Head should beware of the sand
that blows into the parking lot there. Natives know that, but I didn't.
      I was surprised by the number of swallows and grackle I saw on CSI. At
the Hawk I walked out to the end of the beach and saw about twenty black
breasted plover there. There were no piping plover at the Hawk - Clyde tells
me there are three pair at Daniel's. There were a lot of ducks off shore at
the Hawk -. I think almost all of them were eider.

Roland (Barrington)