[NatureNS] Pink sand Kedge Adjunct

Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 05:18:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: Paul MacDonald <paulrita2001@yahoo.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Sherman
This is not uncommon along Keji Seaside - I've seen it
on a number of occasions. I believe it is caused by
one of the rockweeds - I'm not too knowledgable about
exactly which one. The reddish weeds get ground up by
the surf and sand to fine "flour" hence the purple
pink sand.
Locals us the name "Toyola" - I've only heard the word
spoken so not sure of the spelling - it was very well
regarded as a fertilizer for the garden.
Hope they enjoyed their trip
Paul

http://picasaweb.google.com/shermwill/PinkSandsKedgeAdjunct

____________________________________________________________________________________Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.