[NatureNS] large black & red beetle

Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 11:33:49 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Angus MacLean <angusmcl@ns.sympatico.ca>

14px;
Hi Jeannie:
The butterfly is the Spring Azure, the first "blue" to show up in the
spring and very common.
The beetle in photos DSCF 7989-90 is likely Acmaeodera pulchella. It
forms part of the Yellow-marked Buprestids which are wood-boring
beetles. The other beetle appears to be of the same (sub) family.
That's a great shot of a Green Snake.
Angus