[NatureNS] Robins hitting house windows

From: "Heather Drope" <heather.drope@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 08:23:29 -0300

I experienced a robin hitting a house basement window. In fact it was just
daylight when the hits started and went on until I went out doors to see
what was wrong with the bird. With that the bird flew off. Shortly it
returned to do the same thing once again.This was on the shade side of
the house When I mentioned to my sisiter, this being her home, she said
that it had been happening every day for about a week.
Last evening a friend mentioned that a robin was doing the same thing at
her basement window. Worried about reflections she closed the blinds
and that didn't stop it. Again a robin. Sun or no sun on the window makes
no difference to this behavour.
Does anyone have an explanation for this strange behavour from the
robins. I must add that both of these homes are in country settings and
two hours from each other.
Heather in Halifax.