[NatureNS] Fw: Orchard Oriole and Field Sparrow Updates, and Nashville Warbler

Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 14:17:31 -0300
From: Hans Toom <Htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: "Naturens@Chebucto.Ns.Ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--Boundary_(ID_T1YFnr+EGS4N6ajwZlfW9w)

----- Original Message -----
From: Hans Toom
To: Ns-Rba@Yahoogroups.Com
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 2:16 PM
Subject: Orchard Oriole and Field Sparrow Updates, and Nashville Warbler

The Orchard Oriole was seen twice yesterday at Portuguese Cove, once at first light and secondly taking a bath in our micro brook at noontime.  I saw it again today in our front yard maple tree foraging among the buds, likely for insects.  This is indicative of normal foraging behaviour and may signal that the bird is planning to stay in the area but a serious stakeout would be required to see it.  I have not seen it at the hummingbird feeders since Monday.

The Field Sparrow also continues to visit the back yard deck's seed offerings but it is infrequent so would also require a long term stakeout to see.

A delight this morning was a Nashville Warbler by the backyard pond, very early for this bird.

Hans
When viewing images tap F11 or View Full Screen and use the navigation buttons on my website
Hans Toom
Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
E-mail: htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca
Migration Count: http://hanstoom.com/NAMC/Index.html
Nature Website: http://hanstoom.com

--Boundary_(ID_T1YFnr+EGS4N6ajwZlfW9w)

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message -----
<DIV style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A
title=Htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca href="mailto:Htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca">Hans Toom</A>
</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=ns-rba@yahoogroups.com
href="mailto:Ns-Rba@Yahoogroups.Com">Ns-Rba@Yahoogroups.Com</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, May 09, 2007 2:16 PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Orchard Oriole and Field Sparrow Updates, and Nashville
Warbler</DIV></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>The Orchard Oriole was seen twice yesterday at
Portuguese Cove, once at first light and secondly taking a bath in our micro
brook at noontime.&nbsp; I saw it again today in our&nbsp;front yard maple tree
foraging among the buds, likely for insects.&nbsp; This&nbsp;is indicative of
normal foraging behaviour and may signal that the bird is planning to stay in
the area but a serious stakeout would be required to see it.&nbsp; I have not
seen it at the hummingbird feeders since Monday.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>The Field Sparrow also continues to visit the back
yard deck's seed offerings but&nbsp;it is infrequent so would also require a
long term stakeout to see.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>A delight this morning was a Nashville Warbler by
the backyard pond, very early for this bird.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hans</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial
viewing images tap F11 or View Full Screen and use the navigation buttons on my
Toom<BR>Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada<BR>E-mail: <A
href="mailto:htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca">htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca</A><BR>Migration
Count: <A
href="http://hanstoom.com/NAMC/Index.html">http://hanstoom.com/NAMC/Index.html</A><BR>Nature
Website: http://hanstoom.com

--Boundary_(ID_T1YFnr+EGS4N6ajwZlfW9w)--