[NatureNS] purple finch?

From: "Jeannie" <jeannies@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 13:49:35 -0300

Hi,
First ,I would like to apologise for the VERY poor picture quality. I took
the pics through my binoculars and needless to say they didn't turn out very
well. Here are a few pics of what to me, appears to be a purple finch with
an yellow-orange head.Actually, there are two pictures,one is taken while
the bird was perched in the tree and the other was on the feeder later in
the day.The thing is ,after looking and comparing both pics, I am not sure
it is even the same bird.The one in the tree seems to have less red on the
breast and the head looks more orange.I would like to see what everyone
thinks,and again apologise for poor picture quality.
Thank you,Jeannie
http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2746412540025930195IYxGCx
Jeannie Shermerhorn,Port Hawkesbury

Cottage....Cape George,Cape Breton