[NatureNS] Fw: Orchard Oriole, Field Sparrow,

Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 18:24:11 -0300
From: Hans Toom <Htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: "Naturens@Chebucto.Ns.Ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--Boundary_(ID_3SU7nO4uKbFY3/E3qNhriQ)

----- Original Message -----
From: Hans Toom
To: Ns-Rba@Yahoogroups.Com
Sent: Saturday, May 05, 2007 6:23 PM
Subject: Orchard Oriole, Field Sparrow, Ruby-throated Hummingbirds and Other Birds From Today

I struggled with poor light late this afternoon photographing the latest wave of migrants and residents at our place in Portuguese Cove.  Perhaps they will stay until Monday's sunshine offers better conditions.  Nevertheless, I've posted a bunch of photos, highlights 35-44, starting with the first summer male Orchard Oriole. This is an extremely skittish bird but many birds are often that way after a strenuous migration flight leg.

The Field Sparrow is another story.  About this time last year an overwintering Field Sparrow finally left after staying with us for about five months.  In those five months of seeing that bird several times a day I never managed to snap a single good photo but fortunately, at least for my ego, this one is far more cooperative.

I've also posted photos of more common birds finishing of as always it seems with our resident Ring-necked Pheasant and.....the Ruby-throated hummingbirds are back!

A good day for back yard rarities, though!

Hans

http://www.hanstoom.com/Highlights/Highlights35.html

When viewing images tap F11 or View Full Screen and use the navigation buttons on my website
Hans Toom
Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
E-mail: htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca
Migration Count: http://hanstoom.com/NAMC/Index.html
Nature Website: http://hanstoom.com

--Boundary_(ID_3SU7nO4uKbFY3/E3qNhriQ)

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message -----
<DIV style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A
title=Htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca href="mailto:Htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca">Hans Toom</A>
</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=ns-rba@yahoogroups.com
href="mailto:Ns-Rba@Yahoogroups.Com">Ns-Rba@Yahoogroups.Com</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, May 05, 2007 6:23 PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Orchard Oriole, Field Sparrow, Ruby-throated Hummingbirds
and Other Birds From Today</DIV></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I struggled with poor light late this afternoon
photographing the latest wave of migrants and residents at our place in
Portuguese Cove.&nbsp; Perhaps they will stay until Monday's sunshine offers
better conditions.&nbsp; Nevertheless, I've posted a bunch of photos, highlights
35-44, starting with the first summer male Orchard Oriole. This is an extremely
skittish bird but many birds are often that way after a strenuous migration
flight leg.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>The Field Sparrow is another story.&nbsp; About
this time last year an overwintering Field Sparrow finally left after staying
with us for about five months.&nbsp; In those five months of seeing that bird
several times a day I never managed to snap a single good photo but fortunately,
at least for my ego, this one is far more cooperative.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I've also posted photos&nbsp;of more common birds
finishing of&nbsp;as always it seems with our resident Ring-necked Pheasant
and.....the Ruby-throated hummingbirds are back!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>A good day for back yard rarities,
though!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hans</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><A
href="http://www.hanstoom.com/Highlights/Highlights35.html">http://www.hanstoom.com/Highlights/Highlights35.html</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial
viewing images tap F11 or View Full Screen and use the navigation buttons on my
Toom<BR>Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada<BR>E-mail: <A
href="mailto:htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca">htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca</A><BR>Migration
Count: <A
href="http://hanstoom.com/NAMC/Index.html">http://hanstoom.com/NAMC/Index.html</A><BR>Nature
Website: http://hanstoom.com

--Boundary_(ID_3SU7nO4uKbFY3/E3qNhriQ)--