[NatureNS] Fiddleheads

From: "Roland McCormick" <roland.mccormick@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 13:39:41 -0300

This is the first time I have heard anyone in NS speak of fiddleheads, and I
was born and grew up here. In NB, where my wife is from, looking for
fiddleheads in the spring is almost a national pastime.  I had a friend tell
me he found some in Ontario one time, but no one would think of eating them
there.
        In the distant days of my youth dandilions were the things to dig -
a good sized basket of dandilion greens was woth ten cents.

Roland.