FW: [NatureNS] Frog question

Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 10:54:28 -0300
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--Boundary_(ID_cetFtgOnPL9gMrnL4JBsFA)

Andy and Andy et al., I would agree to American Toad if the trill is
high-pitched and fast (speed is temperature-dependent) and held out for
periods of several seconds at a time.  The long pauses between calls also
fits the toad.  The only other N.S. amphibian with a trill is the Pickerel
Frog, but its call is old held out for a short time and then repeated after
a substantial lull.  Cheers from Jim