[NatureNS] peepers, osprey, cormorants, indigo bunting...

From: "Judy Tufts" <tandove@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 21:07:14 -0300
thread-index: AceGzak8VgCevG35SbOEanW48bpqzw==

Tues Apr 24 / 07

The cheery sounds of peepers at last calling on Wolfville Ridge last night,
in ditch in front of our house and to the west in a small farm field pond.

Spotted an Osprey around noon today perched in a tree by the Bicentennial
Hwy on outskirts of Halifax, nr exit to Hammond Plains. On return journey, a
small group (6-8) of D-c.Cormorants were noted near the Windsor Causeway,
and a Yellowlegs was heard calling to the north of Robie Tufts Drive in
Wolfville.

I was intrigued with the difference in the colour status of our lawn between
yesterday and today.   Sun and warm temps over the last 24 hrs changed grass
around home from a dry looking, straw-coloured growth yesterday to a
delightful greenish resemblance of grass today.  As friends and I arrived
back in Wolfville, we were rather amazed to see  how green the  lawns were
looking along the main street.

On Sunday (Apr 22), Mary Pratt, a neighbour about ½ km along the Wolfville
Ridge Rd, had two male Cardinals chasing each other across her property in
the afternoon. Unfortunately they have not been seen since.

Also received a report of an Indigo Bunting visiting feeders at a home in
Black Rock (Kings Co) on Apr 13.

Cheers
Judy Tufts

   Judy  Tufts