[NatureNS] Help! ... about pollinators

Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 20:19:49 -0300
From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Flora, Chris, Anne & All, Apr 18, 2007
Flies of many kinds are sometimes abundant on flowers and presumably
contribute to pollination.

In this vein, having often seen _Pollenia rudis_ (Cluster Fly) working
flowers I have been wondering if the "Pollen.." of Pollenia & Polleniini
(the corresponding tribe) is an allusion to pollen feeding habits,
efficiency as pollinators or just a coincidence.

Yt, DW, Kentville