[NatureNS] Fw: Ipswich Sparrow, Piping Plover and Canada Goose

Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 20:49:58 -0300
From: Hans Toom <Htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: "Naturens@Chebucto.Ns.Ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--Boundary_(ID_Rfy0cdH+d9Cy2xq/CPtseA)

----- Original Message -----
From: Hans Toom
To: Ns-Rba@Yahoogroups.Com
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 8:49 PM
Subject: Ipswich Sparrow, Piping Plover and Canada Goose

I walked Martinique Beach PP this morning in gorgeous sunshine and soft winds. Today was this year's first beach walk out here without toque or gloves.  I rounded the headland and immediately found three Piping Plovers, one bonded pair displaying, and a single adult.  The single adult had a darker back.  Further along the beach at the east end kelp heaps were several Ipswich Sparrows foraging.  Their roost appears to be in the dune grasses just north of the kelp heaps. About 2 kilometres before the turnoff into the park there is a small pond off the western side of the road near Petpeswick where several Canada Geese were resting in the morning sun.

Well worth the drive!

I've posted several photos of the subject birds finishing off series with the Canada Goose.

Hans

http://www.hanstoom.com/Highlights/Highlights6.html
Hans Toom
E-mail: htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca
Migration Count: http://hanstoom.com/NAMC/Index.html
Nature Website: http://hanstoom.com

--Boundary_(ID_Rfy0cdH+d9Cy2xq/CPtseA)

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message -----
<DIV style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A
title=Htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca href="mailto:Htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca">Hans Toom</A>
</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=ns-rba@yahoogroups.com
href="mailto:Ns-Rba@Yahoogroups.Com">Ns-Rba@Yahoogroups.Com</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, April 12, 2007 8:49 PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Ipswich Sparrow, Piping Plover and Canada Goose</DIV></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I walked Martinique Beach PP this morning in
gorgeous sunshine and soft winds.&nbsp;Today was&nbsp;this year's first beach
walk&nbsp;out here without toque or gloves.&nbsp; I rounded the headland and
immediately found three Piping Plovers, one bonded pair displaying, and a single
adult.&nbsp; The single adult had a darker back.&nbsp; Further along the beach
at the east end kelp heaps were several Ipswich Sparrows foraging.&nbsp; Their
roost appears to be in the dune grasses just north of the kelp heaps. About 2
kilometres before the turnoff into the park there is a small pond off
the&nbsp;western side of the road near Petpeswick where several Canada Geese
were resting in the morning sun.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Well worth the drive!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I've posted several photos of the subject birds
finishing off series with the Canada Goose.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hans</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><A
href="http://www.hanstoom.com/Highlights/Highlights6.html">http://www.hanstoom.com/Highlights/Highlights6.html</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial
Toom<BR>E-mail: <A
href="mailto:htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca">htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca</A><BR>Migration
Count: <A
href="http://hanstoom.com/NAMC/Index.html">http://hanstoom.com/NAMC/Index.html</A><BR>Nature
Website: http://hanstoom.com

--Boundary_(ID_Rfy0cdH+d9Cy2xq/CPtseA)--