[NatureNS] Saw-whet Owl, Halifax

Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 11:19:55 -0300
From: "Randy Lauff" <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

------=_Part_43341_818525.1176387595788

Cool...anyone who sees her (it's a good chance it's a female), tell her
there are lots of great accommodations up in the eastern mainland and
in/around the Highlands National Park; in addition, a new subdivision has
recently opened up in Richmond County. All suites are large enough for a
family of seven kids, are close to shopping and have great views. A variety
of settings is available, from mixed forest to deciduous woods. Rent is
slightly higher on the units with predator guards, but I'm sure she'll find
a greater fledging success with these. The landlord can be a bit of a pain
at times, but he does offer jewelry...a personalized anklet that she can
wear with pride. She may of course be already wearing one (check carefully,
they are sometimes hidden by the feathers)...but all her kids will get shiny
new ones that they can show off to all their friends.

Randy

On 12/04/07, iamclar@dal.ca <iamclar@dal.ca> wrote:

> All:
>
> There's a lovely little Saw-whet perched in the open, 10 m up on the
> second-last
> tree on the ast side of Seymoure Ave near the corner with South Street,
> Halifax.  It's next to the newish Dalhousie student residence at that
> corner.
> It looks in a Zen state, and may stick around for easy viewing.
>
> Presumably it's a returning migrant.
>
> Cheers, Ian

RF Lauff
Way in the boonies of