[NatureNS] Piping Plover

From: "James Hirtle" <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 20:35:02 +0000

My computer died today so I will likely not be able to be reached for the
next while.  A computer manufacturer glitch in the mother board, that is
affecting many people at the moment.  Anyhow, the good thing is that the
hard drive is intact and no info has been lost.  A trip to Cherry Hill Beach
today was productive.

I had one piping plover there.  As well there were 7 Ipswich Sparrows, four
snow buntings and one dunlin.  I saw my first migrant Great Blue heron near
Mount Pleasant.  Lots of song sparrows moving through between Dublin Shore
and Cherry Hill with groups of between three and eight everywhere that I
looked.

James R. Hirtle
Dublin Shore

Don’t waste time standing in line—try shopping online. Visit Sympatico / MSN
Shopping today! http://shopping.sympatico.msn.ca