[NatureNS] Hummingbird Migration

Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 22:57:53 -0300
From: Lois Codling <loiscodling@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Speaking of hummers, Peter, it's interesting to watch some West coast
hummers at:
www.wavelit.com.  This is the Africam site to which you referred us last
fall, and I've been meaning to thank you for that referral ever since.
We have enjoyed it so much this winter.  I never expected to see all
those wonderful animals & birds, but this site is like a little window
into S. Africa.  We've seen so many great critters there.  Don says we
have to start a 'virtual life-list' on which to put our Saddle-backed
Storks, Egyptian Geese, Southern Ground Hornbills, Red-billed Oxpeckers,
Cape Turtledoves, etc. not to mention all the animals.

Now they also have live video of hummers at a feeder at Powell River,
B.C., and also some video of some young Grizzly Bears (which presently
are hibernating).  We're still trying to ID the hummers - Rufous,
Broad-tailed, ???- but it's lots of fun watching them buzzing around in
March before our Ruby-throats return.  Thanks again!

Lois Codling