[NatureNS] Re:Gulls at Sullivan's Pond

Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 20:37:32 -0300
From: Joan Czapalay <joancz@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

I took the grandchildren to Sullivan's Pond today around noon. The gulls
were all up when we first arrived. When some of them settled back on the
ice, there were many Herring Gulls, a couple of Greater-black-backed,
two Iceland , the Mew Gull and about thirty Ring-billed Gulls. Across
the street the male and female Cardinals were playing chase with each
other. There were Song Sparrows and  House Sparrows in the brush. lOts
of Am Wigeons and the usual Mallards/Blacks.We didn't see any
Black-headed or the Bonaparts. Isn't it interesting how the population
shifts from day to day? Cheers, Joan.