[NatureNS] Song sparrow with white patch

Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 14:50:07 -0300
From: Stephen Shaw <srshaw@dal.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

We've also had a couple of these irregularly this winter, which generally has
been a thin one here for birds compared to last winter, except for our regular
Downy WPs. Activity at feeders very quiet.
One of these individuals looks like a song sparrow except that it has a white
patch across its head, presumably an albino patch. The patch runs the
wrong way
for a white-crowned sparrow.  Haven't seen it for over a week.  I've put a
couple of earlier shots of its front end peeping out of a bush on Flickr, if
anyone wants to try to confirm the ID or suggest something different:
www.flickr.com/photos/steve_1968
(last 2 photos uploaded; shot through a kitchen window so could be clearer)
Steve, Halifax