[NatureNS] Fw: Osprey

Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 07:38:34 -0400
From: Hans Toom <Htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: "Naturens@Chebucto.Ns.Ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--Boundary_(ID_rTg1e0UPrB59KFt0sRF/og)

----- Original Message -----
From: Hans Toom
To: Ns-Rba@Yahoogroups.Com
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 7:37 AM
Subject: Osprey

On Sunday March 4, whilst driving along Ketch Harbour Road near Bear Cove, Laura and I spotted a large raptor along the shore but it dropped out of sight before we could confirm an identification.  Others along this shore familiar with the species confirmed that this indeed was an Osprey.  There's a pair that works the coastline between Purcell's Cove and Chebucto Head and nests in the hinterland behind our home at Portuguese Cove.  There will be a little snow clearing at the nest site before nest rehabilitation can begin.  This is our earliest sighting of this species.  Our thanks go to others along the shoreline for the confirmation.

Hans
Hans Toom
E-mail: htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca
Migration Count: http://hanstoom.com/NAMC/Index.html
Nature Website: http://hanstoom.com

--Boundary_(ID_rTg1e0UPrB59KFt0sRF/og)

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message -----
<DIV style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A
title=Htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca href="mailto:Htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca">Hans Toom</A>
</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=ns-rba@yahoogroups.com
href="mailto:Ns-Rba@Yahoogroups.Com">Ns-Rba@Yahoogroups.Com</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, March 06, 2007 7:37 AM</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Osprey</DIV></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>On Sunday March 4, whilst driving along Ketch
Harbour Road near Bear Cove, Laura and I spotted a large raptor along the shore
but it dropped out of sight before we could confirm an identification.&nbsp;
Others along this shore familiar with the species confirmed that this
indeed&nbsp;was an Osprey.&nbsp; There's a pair that works the coastline between
Purcell's Cove and Chebucto Head and nests in the hinterland behind our home at
Portuguese Cove.&nbsp; There will&nbsp;be a little snow clearing at the nest
site before&nbsp;nest rehabilitation can begin.&nbsp; This is our earliest
sighting of this species.&nbsp; Our thanks go to others along the shoreline for
the confirmation.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hans</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial
Toom<BR>E-mail: <A
href="mailto:htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca">htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca</A><BR>Migration
Count: <A
href="http://hanstoom.com/NAMC/Index.html">http://hanstoom.com/NAMC/Index.html</A><BR>Nature
Website: http://hanstoom.com

--Boundary_(ID_rTg1e0UPrB59KFt0sRF/og)--