FW: [NatureNS] First Grackle

Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 01:06:19 -0400
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

I will opine here that Spring common grackles are extremely difficult to
pigeonhole, as to whether they are very early migratory arrivals, or just
overwintering individuals or groups (which are always around in various
parts of the province) that are moving around from place to place locally or
provincially.  My bet would be that Marian's single grackle has been in the
province since autumn, but no doubt this will not be settled unless there is
a raft of sightings of "new" grackles very soon.

Cheers from Jim in Wolfville