[NatureNS] Province purchases natural areas

Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 19:18:20 -0400
From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Mary & All,
    This is no doubt good news but I would rather see measures that
ensure public access to all beaches and an ample network of upland foot
paths; as opposed to a scattering of parks.

    Based on what my wife has told me about beach access in the UK, e.g.
public foot path above highwater between private houses and the shore,
marked right-of-ways that connect the beach to public highways every
several hundred yards or so in built up costal areas, the UK policy
might be one to examine as a possible model.
Yt, DW