[NatureNS] fossil talk

Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 11:26:16 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: "Patricia L. Chalmers" <Patricia.Chalmers@ukings.ns.ca>

--=====================_91598984==_.ALT

Hi there,

         This speaker is addressing the same subject at two forthcoming
events :

Beyond the Last Billion Years Talk Series
Fossil Cliffs of Joggins and the Road to World Heritage
Dr. John Calder
Wed., Feb. 21
7:30 pm
Location: Auditorium at the Bedford Institute of Oceanography
More Info, Call 426.2740

Joggins is considered one of the world's richest and most significant "Coal
Age" fossil sites. Nearly 20 years ago the road to UNESCO World Heritage
Site designation for Joggins, Nova Scotia began. Along the way, many
lessons have been learned, including how this wonderfully exposed coastal
strip of the Bay of Fundy links to our Earth history and our place in it.
UNESCO World Heritage status is the highest honour that may be bestowed on
a site of this nature.
Co-sponsored by the Museum of Natural History   (info from the Nova Scotia
Museum of Natural History website)

and at the April meeting of the Nova Scotian Institute of Science,
according to their website :

Speaker: John Calder, N.S. Department of Natural Resources
Title:"Coal Age Galapagos: Joggins and the quest for World Heritage Status"
Time: 7:30pm
Location: Nova Scotia Museum of Natural History

         Hope this is helpful,

         Patricia L. Chalmers
         Halifax

At 11:05 AM 21/02/2007 -0400, you wrote:

>On CBC Radio 2 this am an event was announced, and I didn t catch the date
>or the time. My search on the web has been fruitless. The presentation is
>at the Bedford Institute, given by Dr Calder of DNR. The subject: The
>Fossils of Joggins World Heritage Site.
>
>Can anyone tell me the date and time?
>
>Joan W

--=====================_91598984==_.ALT

Hi there,<br><br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>This
speaker is addressing the same subject at two forthcoming events
:<br><br>
Beyond the Last Billion Years Talk Series <br>
Fossil Cliffs of Joggins and the Road to World Heritage<br>
Dr. John Calder<br>
Wed., Feb. 21 <br>
7:30 pm <br>
Location: Auditorium at the Bedford Institute of Oceanography<br>
More Info, Call 426.2740 <br><br>
Joggins is considered one of the world's richest and most significant
&quot;Coal Age&quot; fossil sites. Nearly 20 years ago the road to UNESCO
World Heritage Site designation for Joggins, Nova Scotia began. Along the
way, many lessons have been learned, including how this wonderfully
exposed coastal strip of the Bay of Fundy links to our Earth history and
our place in it. UNESCO World Heritage status is the highest honour that
may be bestowed on a site of this nature. <br>
C<i>o-sponsored by the Museum of Natural History&nbsp;&nbsp; </i>(info
from the Nova Scotia Museum of Natural History website)<br><br>
and at the April meeting of the Nova Scotian Institute of Science,
according to their website :<br><br>
Speaker: John Calder, N.S. Department of Natural Resources<br>
Title:&quot;Coal Age Galapagos: Joggins and the quest for World Heritage
Status&quot; <br>
2 April 2007 <br>
Time: 7:30pm<br>
Location: Nova Scotia Museum of Natural History<br><br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Hope this
is helpful,<br><br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Patricia
L. Chalmers<br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Halifax<br><br>
At 11:05 AM 21/02/2007 -0400, you wrote:<br><br>
CBC Radio 2 this am an event was announced, and I didn t catch the date
or the time. My search on the web has been fruitless. The presentation is
at the Bedford Institute, given by Dr Calder of DNR. The subject: The
Fossils of Joggins World Heritage Site.<br>
and time?<br>