[NatureNS] Cherry Hill Beach Now Yesterday

From: "James Hirtle" <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 05:46:51 +0000

I guess it would now be yesterday afternoon that I took a run out to Cherry
Hill Beach.  Around noon it was so nice and warm that it actually felt like
spring here.  A few hours later this was not the case.  I decided to walk
out to Cherry Hill and all I can do is descibe the walk as desolate.  The
wind was blowing so strongly that it was hard at times to walk against it
and it was blowing straight down the beach with blowing sand and snow.
Anyhow, no sign of the red knots.  I saw few birds other than five horned
larks, a northern harrier patroling the dunes, only a few common eiders,
goodly numbers of Canada geese and 16 bufflehead.  Other than that the odd
herring gull flew by.  An invigorating walk if nothing else and some much
needed exercise.

James R. Hirtle
Dublin Shore

Find out the restaurants participating in Winterlicious
http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=43.658648~-79.383962&style=r&lvl=15&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=3702663&cid=7ABE80D1746919B4!1329
From January 26 to February 8, 2007