[NatureNS] Hantsport Birds

From: "Marian Fulton & Art Harding" <fulton.harding@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 12:22:12 -0400

I have been neglectful in reporting the birds seen here recently; seems
when I report the more unusual sightings the birds disappear for a
while.

Daily Regulars:

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
Downy Woodpecker
Hairy Woodpecker
Yellow-shafted Flickers
Blue Jays
Black-capped Chickadees
Juncos
American Goldfinches
White throated Sparrows
Song Sparrows

Occasional:

Evening Grosbeaks (about once or twice a week - flock of 7)
Northern Cardinals (M&F) (Jan 20&22 and Feb 5)
Ring Necked Pheasant (M)
Pine Grosbeak (Jan 15&16)

The Yellow-bellied Sapsucker now spends most of each day in our
backyard; visiting the bird pie feeders or resting on the sunny side of
trees or the metal peanut feeder for extended periods of time when the
weather is nice.

Marian Fulton
9 Alder Drive
Hantsport NS