[NatureNS] Change of plans

From: "James Hirtle" <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 23:04:21 +0000

Dorothy Poole and I initially had planned to go to the valley today for
Eagle Watch.  I drove up the river and thought about turning back a number
of times.  Bridgewater was scary with cars slipping all over the place.
Upon meeting Dorothy in Wilevile I wisely on the basis of hearing the road
conditions inland agreed to go in the opposite direction.  We thus went to
Cape Sable Island.  The redhead male is still at Daniels Head.  We finally
got our dovekies with two at Daniels Head.  On a not so nice note, one of
the dovekies had netting snagged all down along one side and therefore one
wing was not able to be used and likely this bird will not be able to dive
for food.

We also had a common murre fly over our heads near the Hawk when we were
driving down the road.  It was very windy and although above freezing, very
cold.

James R. Hirtle
Dublin Shore

Your Space. Your Friends. Your Stories. Share your world with Windows Live
Spaces. http://discoverspaces.live.com/?loc=en-CA