[NatureNS] Grand Pre birds

From: "Luke DeCicco" <akswallow@hotmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 10:43:12 -0900

Hey,
I finally got out birding a bit this afternoon down around the wolfville
sewage ponds, the dykes and grand pre.  Saw the following birds: Savannah
Sparrow (4), Song Sparrow (8-10), Ring-dilled Gull (50), Great Black-backed
Gull (5), Herring Gull (30-40), Iceland Gull (20-30, especially at the
sewage ponds), Black-Headed Gull (1, at the sewage ponds), Red-tailed Hawk
(4-6), Rough-legged Hawk (1) and a Peregrine Falcon (adult).  It was
definitelly nice to get out and some decent birds.  That's the second
Black-headed Gull I have seen in the area this year, first was in late fall,
otherwise I believe they are quite rare in the annapolis valley, correct me
if I am wrong though.  Back to studying.
Bird on,
Luke DeCicco

Awards®   http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2007/?icid=ncoscartagline2