[NatureNS] looking for volunteers or club partnerships

From: "Mary Macaulay" <marymacaulay@hotmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 19:45:50 -0400

Hello everyone,

I'm organizing the VON Walk-Run-Roll fundraiser this year (Saturday May 12
from 11 to 1 pm) and would really appreciate some (or better yet, a
groundswell!) of volunteers to do nature interpretation at various sites
along the route, and/or to walk the route and chat about nature/native
species to the participants.  As you probably gleaned from the title,
participants in this event may range from marathon runners to those confined
to wheelchairs.

Question for birders and flora experts since I'm not super familiar with
this park.  What is there of interest nature wise mid-May at Shubie? The
proposed circuit (which may be done as many times as desired up until 1 pm)
is along the canal, up the trans-canada trail to the highway, then along the
lake back to the canal and down and around again.

thanks all,
Mary

PS I'll be happy to put weblinks and logos to clubs helping me out with this
on my event showcase/posters etc.  www.vongreaterhalifax.ca

Free Alerts : Be smart - let your information find you !
http://alerts.live.com/Alerts/Default.aspx