[NatureNS] Comet McNaught a lovely comet to see

References: <45A389A2.5080503@chebucto.ns.ca> <3484d1c80701090516w5537f024h2fff90f7197233ea@mail.gmail.com> <7.0.1.0.0.20070109100402.01faf9e0@ns.sympatico.ca> <001001c733ff$12b2e720$6400a8c0@study> <000e01c73404$529fb3e0$657ba8c0@D8B29641> <81F07E5A-9F6B-4150-A299-D202618123F1@glinx.com> <005d01c735ca$9753dcb0$ca01a8c0@galatea> <327D5B05-3341-4ECF-86AE-CBA91ED68F06@glinx.com> <002b01c737fc$fffc7590$6400a8c0@PCKITCH>
From: Patrick Kelly <patrick.kelly@dal.ca>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 22:24:51 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--Apple-Mail-237--605352810
	delsp=yes;
	format=flowed

Hi everyone:

The comet is now gone. :(

For people at our latitude it now sets before the Sun in the evening,
and rises before the Sun in the morning. People in the southern
hemisphere will still be able to see if for a while yet.

On Saturday, some people who had clear skies  were able to see the
comet near the Sun near noon! This is from Paul Gray in Fredericton:

======
2:17pm AST here in NEw Brusniwwck under clear deep blue skies! The
comet is NAKED EYE!!!!!!!!

I just came in from viewing this with Binos and naked eye! Placing the
sun behind the corner of my roof and looking some 4-5 degrees to the
left and slightly above the comet was easy in bino's! I then dropped
them and HOLY #*$&!!!!

There it is. I took my 6 year old daughter out without telling here
why....I said stand here and pointed and look  up htere, see anything?
She said yes, a bright point with a fuzz behind it...is that the comet?
IT is so easy!!!
======

The opportunity of seeing a comet in broad daylight in a once in a life
time event for most people As the comet is quickly moving away from the
Sun it will rapidly dim so that if will no longer be visible during the
day. Given the weather forecast, we will not get a clear sky in time.

Pat

If it had been clea
On Jan 14, 2007, at 12:56 PM, Jamie Simpson wrote:

> Sherman
>
> How long will we have to get a chance to view this comet?
>
> JS
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Sherman Williams" <sherm@glinx.com>

==
Patrick Kelly
Director of Computer Facilities
==
Faculty of Architecture and Planning
Dalhousie University
==
PO Box 1000 Stn Central                5410 Spring Garden Road
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2X4           Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2X4
Canada                                 Canada
==
Phone:(902) 494-3294    FAX:(902) 423-6672   E-mail:patrick.kelly@dal.ca
==

--Apple-Mail-237--605352810

Hi everyone:

The comet is now gone. :(

For people at our latitude it now sets before the Sun in the evening,
and rises before the Sun in the morning. People in the southern
hemisphere will still be able to see if for a while yet.

On Saturday, some people who had clear skies  were able to see the
comet near the Sun near noon! This is from Paul Gray in Fredericton:

======

<italic>2:17pm AST here in NEw Brusniwwck under clear deep blue skies!
The comet is NAKED EYE!!!!!!!!

I just came in from viewing this with Binos and naked eye! Placing the
sun behind the corner of my roof and looking some 4-5 degrees to the
left and slightly above the comet was easy in bino's! I then dropped
them and HOLY #*$&!!!!

There it is. I took my 6 year old daughter out without telling here
why....I said stand here and pointed and look  up htere, see anything?
She said yes, a bright point with a fuzz behind it...is that the
comet? IT is so easy!!!</italic>

======

The opportunity of seeing a comet in broad daylight in a once in a
life time event for most people As the comet is quickly moving away
from the Sun it will rapidly dim so that if will no longer be visible
during the day. Given the weather forecast, we will not get a clear
sky in time.

Pat

If it had been clea

How long will we have to get a chance to view this comet?

JS

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sherman Williams"
<<sherm@glinx.com>

<excerpt>I  posted my Thursday observations and a photo sample of