[NatureNS] Re: Another view of Comet McNaught

Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 05:58:52 -0800 (PST)
From: Rob Woods <rrtwoods@yahoo.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--0-1079329050-1168610332=:41582

I also was able to get a good view and showed half a dozen others at the Grocery store parking lot in elmsdale as well. All were impressed. Hopefully we will get some more opportunities over the weekend. Picture in todays herald did not do it justice. To bad coverage of this event has been a little late in the press.

  Rob Woods

Terri Crane <terri.crane@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:
          Thanks Sherman for the aleart on the comet McNaught. We had spectacular views of it this evening, ~1704hrs - 1739hrs.

  WOW!

  With Alexanders enthusiasim (my 8yr old Son) the teacher will probable have to sit on him tomorrow to calm him down.

  As already noted by others i echo the tail was more impressive without aids than with either Bio's or telescope. At arms lenth it measured 4"+, I could only imagine what it would look like if it was visable in a darker part of the sky later through the night.

  Tom K
  Canso