[NatureNS] boreal Chickadees

From: "Terri Crane" <terri.crane@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 20:31:56 -0400

In the Canso area by times Bor. can out # the BC Chickadees in some areas.

As noted by others we're costal with plenty of Black Spruce swamps (mostly
all in some areas).

During the NSBS Fall walk in our area we had 20+ in 3 stops (~12 in one
location) and a few others seen here and there as well through out the day
without looking that hard we had ~30.

Arround here they are almost always in the neighbourhood but because of
their lack of intrest in our calling atempts most times they can get
overlooked/passed by.

Tom K
Canso