[NatureNS] size of corvid flocks

Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 09:50:55 -0400
From: Eleanor Lindsay <az678@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

I routinely have around 8-9 bluejays at my feeders daily every winter.
There are also cats (five) in the vicinity, but I have been able to pick
my winter feeding site in a spot that allows for the placement of
discrete spruce barricades which require a cat to jump over them before
it can reach a bird. This has been very effective.