[NatureNS] possible Cooper's Hawk

Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 16:30:43 -0500 (EST)
From: Suzanne Borkowski <suzanneborkowski@yahoo.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Jean;

The hawk seen on the West Hants Count by myself and my
husband, with a very distant photograph taken by my
husband, is now classified as a Buteo sp. by the Rare
Bird Committee.  Most are leaning towards Imm
Broadwing, but Imm Red-shouldered has not been ruled
out.

I saw the hawk in the cemetery on Kings Road in
Windsor, perched in a large hardwood, between 8:00 and
9:00 a.m. on Saturday, Dec.30th.  If anyone is in that
area in the near future, please keep an eye out for
this hawk.  I'd love for someone to get a better
picture!

Cheers;
Suzanne