[NatureNS] Re: field guides and Colorado birds

Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 12:57:34 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Blake Maybank <maybank@ns.sympatico.ca>

At 12:08 PM 15/12/2006, Virginia wrote:
>I would like a word of advice from birders who have been to Colorado.
>I have both the Peterson's guide to western and eastern birds of
>North America. My western birds guide is packed away but if it would
>be the best guide to take I will find it. Any suggestions for
>birding sites in Dec. around Colorado Springs would be appreciated also. Thanks

Of the two, the western guide will serve you better, but the Sibley
all-in-one guide, or the new National Geographic Guide, would be better yet.

Regarding where to bird, please check out the following web site:

http://www.coloradocountybirding.com/index.php

Click on "Birding by County", and then select El Paso
County.   Colorado Springs is the county seat.

There are also checklists for each county.

For a map of all Colorado's counties go to:

http://www.ccionline.org/counties_map.htm

Hope this helps.

Blake Maybank
Editor, "Nova Scotia Birds"