[NatureNS] Snow Buntings, Horned Larks, Lapland Longspurs, Snowy Owl

From: "James Hirtle" <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:54:25 +0000

Today Dorothy Poole and I took a walk out along Cherry Hill Beach.  We saw
one lone sanderling, but were pleased to find 11 honred larks, 12 snow
buntings and 23 Lapland longspurs.

David Walmark on a walk out along Rose Head in Kingsburg today spooked a
snowy owl that had been perched on the cliff edge.  This bird flew out over
the ocean and either headed to Cross Island or somewheres on the mainland
near the Oven's Park.

David last night had a great horned owl perched on his house roof in
Kingsburg.

James R. Hirtle
Dublin Shore

Enter the "Telus Mobility Xbox a Day" contest for your chance to WIN!  Telus
Mobility is giving away an Microsoft Xbox® 360 every day from November 20 to
December 31, 2006! Just download Windows Live (MSN) Messenger to your
IM-capable TELUS mobile phone, and you could be a winner!
http://www.telusmobility.com/msnxbox/