[NatureNS] Re: [NS-RBA]: Metro "Hot Spot" Birding

Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 21:45:32 -0400
To: "NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com" <ns-rba@yahoogroups.com>
From: "Patricia L. Chalmers" <Patricia.Chalmers@ukings.ns.ca>
Cc: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--=====================_1587076718==_.ALT

         Three of us (Luc Berrigan, Kier Gigeroff, and myself) returned to
the marsh at Dorothea Drive midway through Saturday's field trip, and we
found that there were two Orange-crowned Warblers, as well as a pair of
Northern Cardinals, and a single Red-winged Blackbird.  We also had
excellent looks at the Yellow-breasted Chat.

         Many thanks to Terry for leading a great trip.

         Patricia L. Chalmers
         Halifax

At 07:31 PM 02/12/2006 -0400, Terry Paquet wrote:

>Notable birds from today's trip:
>
>Dartmouth
>Sullivan's Pond: Orange-crowned Warbler, Cardinal, 3 Am Coots, 2 Gadwall
>Brookdale Crescent: Pine Warbler
>Dorothea Dr: Yellow-breasted Chat, Orange-crowned Warbler
>Bissett Lake: Palm Warbler, plenty of coots, Ruddy Ducks, scaup, Hooded
>Merganser etc.
>
>Halifax
>St. Mary's Boat Club: Orange-crowned Warbler, Cardinal, RC Kinglet
>Birchdale Ave: Wilson's Warbler (western), Orange-crowned Warbler
>Point Pleasant Park: near parking area, ~5 Pine Warbler, RC Kinglet
>
>Others may have additions to these.

--=====================_1587076718==_.ALT

<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Three of
us (Luc Berrigan, Kier Gigeroff, and myself) returned to the marsh at
Dorothea Drive midway through Saturday's field trip, and we found that
there were <u>two</u> Orange-crowned Warblers, as well as a pair of
Northern Cardinals, and a single Red-winged Blackbird.&nbsp; We also had
excellent looks at the Yellow-breasted Chat.<br><br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Many
thanks to Terry for leading a great trip.<br><br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Patricia
L. Chalmers<br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Halifax<br><br>
At 07:31 PM 02/12/2006 -0400, Terry Paquet wrote:<br><br>
trip:<br><br>
Dartmouth<br>
Sullivan’s Pond: Orange-crowned Warbler, Cardinal, 3 Am Coots, 2
Gadwall<br>
Brookdale Crescent: Pine Warbler<br>
Dorothea Dr: Yellow-breasted Chat, Orange-crowned Warbler<br>
Bissett Lake: Palm Warbler, plenty of coots, Ruddy Ducks, scaup, Hooded
Merganser etc.<br><br>
Halifax<br>
St. Mary’s Boat Club: Orange-crowned Warbler, Cardinal, RC Kinglet<br>
Birchdale Ave: Wilson’s Warbler (western), Orange-crowned Warbler<br>
Point Pleasant Park: near parking area, ~5 Pine Warbler, RC
Kinglet<br><br>
Others may have additions to these.</blockquote></html>