[NatureNS] Re: Redwing seen in Brooklyn (outside Liverpool, Queens County)

From: "DPoole" <dpoolex@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 18:20:40 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C7163E.9241FCD0

This morning about 11:00 I viewed a Redwing feeding on Hawthorn berries. =
It came back twice to feed. The location is on the Shore road right =
across from the "Brooklyn Marine and Waterfront Park". Shore  road is =
off rt 3 just after Bowater, if coming from Liverpool. Peter Davies and =
Gary Hartlen were called and we searched for it. They thought they had a =
fleeting glimpse of it.  Eric Mills and I searched this afternoon =
without any luck. There is a Baltimore Oriole and a Bohemian Waxwing in =
the area.  For what it's worth the illustration in the Birds of Europe =
(Mullarney, Svensson, Zetterstrom and Grant)showed Redwings in flight =
with Starlings. There are a lot of Starlings in the neighborhood too. =
There were no American Robins sighted.

I HOPE someone else gets to see this bird.

Dorothy Poole

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C7163E.9241FCD0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This&nbsp;morning about 11:00 I viewed =
a Redwing=20
feeding on Hawthorn berries. It came back twice to feed. The location is =
on the=20
Shore road right across from the "Brooklyn Marine and Waterfront=20
Park".&nbsp;Shore &nbsp;road is off rt 3 just after Bowater, if coming =
from=20
Liverpool. Peter Davies and Gary Hartlen were called and we searched for =

it.&nbsp;They thought they had a fleeting glimpse of it.&nbsp; Eric =
Mills and I=20
searched this afternoon without any luck. There is a Baltimore Oriole =
and&nbsp;a=20
Bohemian Waxwing in the area.&nbsp; For what it's worth the illustration =
in the=20
Birds of Europe (Mullarney, Svensson, Zetterstrom and Grant)showed =
Redwings in=20
flight with Starlings. There are a lot of Starlings in the neighborhood =
too.=20
There were no American Robins sighted.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I HOPE someone else gets to see this=20
bird.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dorothy Poole</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C7163E.9241FCD0--