[NatureNS] Whale

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Cc: twimmer@dal.ca
From: dobbin@upei.ca
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 19:17:33 GMT

Hi Peter,
I would definately like to see your pictures as would (I
imagine) Tonya Wimmer, copied above), of the MArine Animal
Rescue Society. Are you speculating about the tail fluke, or
do you have more background info you could share?
Thanks
Greg

Greg Dobbin
Research Assistant
Dept of Pathology and Microbiology,
Atlantic Veterinary College, U.P.E.I.
550 University Ave., Charlottetown
PE  C1A 4P3

Ph. (902) 566-0744
Fax (902) 566-0851

> There is a dead whale on the beach at Kennedy's beach
about 1 km North of
> Queensland beach in St Margaret's Bay. It is about 20ft
long and from the marks
> it looks as though it got caught in a Mackerel net. The
tail is half severed
> apparently as a result of an attempt to tow it out to deep
water. The locals
> say  it has been there for two days. Looks like a finback
or Minke. I have