[NatureNS] Once in a blue moon

From: "Jean Timpa" <jtimpa@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 14:26:48 -0400

	I found pussywillows in bloom last December on the day we did the
Christmas Bird count here in Wolfville. I don'tknow whether such plants
would be able to produce more "kittens"or not;I would suspect they would
hang on all winter, and when the spring weather came, then they would
expand into the pollinating forms which will eventually turn into the catkins.
I meant to go back in the spring to see what the willows were doing
onOrchard Avenue, but I didn't think about it in time. JET