[NatureNS] re:Mystery bird, First Lake, Lower Sackville

Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 11:37:17 -0500 (EST)
From: Clarence Stevens <birder_ca@yahoo.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Bernard, Just to quick note to let you know that the mystery duck is
actually a female Mandarin. This close look-a-like is often taken to be a
female Wood Duck. In Nova Scotia is  much harder to find a Mandarin Duck in the
wild than a Wood Duck so Anita was fortunate to capture such excellent shots.
Please tell Anita I love her pics and kudos to her for solving the mystery. -
cheers, Clarence