[NatureNS] FW: balmy temperatures and new flowers -- of what species?? etc.

Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 16:45:39 -0400
From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,

Thanks, Judy.  I'll take a look at those Wolfville Waterfront plants, but I
had better do it soon!  Your lady beetle was very probably one of the
multi-spotted Asian species, introduced, which is incredibly varied in how
many spots it has, from about 19 (usual, in rows of 4-5 spots) to many fewer
or actually no spots at all -- if you can find one of the old Can. Nature
Fed. brochures around, check out the pattern of black and white on the
thorax, which is not variable much if at all.

Cheers from Jim in Wolfville