[NatureNS] Long Lake Park

From: "Heather Drope" <heather.drope@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 16:18:25 -0400

What a great day for getting out and enjoying the fresh air. Spent the
afternoon exploring the Long Lake Park road network with Topo map in
hand. The Wild Flora society will have a walk there in the spring and we
were looking for a better access to the Beaverdam Brook falls. We were
told to try the access from the Exhibition Park area. That is a bit tricky to
climb down but once on the road/trail it was great. Shrubs were
interesting and the Bay berry was very nice to smell. I found that it isn't
just the leaves that  have scent, the leafless  twigs do too.
The access to the trail, off the main trail where the majority of dog
walkers go, looks good but twenty feet in it gets very muddy so we didn't
go in. That trail does need boardwalks to save the area from damage.
It is a very well used park and it would be great to see everyone support
upgrading by buying a 2007 LLP fund raising calendar..
Heather Drope -  Halifax