[NatureNS] Irish Eagle Owl is apparently not an Eagle Owl after all

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Patrick Kelly <patrick.kelly@dal.ca>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 11:34:57 -0400

--Apple-Mail-142--755779768
	delsp=yes;
	format=flowed

Hi everyone:

There have been a few more posts on the Irish bird list about the
"escaped" eagle owl. It now appears, based on the observations of
several people who have seen it that it may actually be a great horned
owl. In fact, when I first looked it up in my Collins guide the first
thing that struck me was the similarityp

Collins has a long list of vagrants and accidentals but neither list
has the great horned owl, so it may never have been recorded in Europe.
If this is the case it will, no doubt, be eagerly sought. The bird has
not been seen so far today; I'll let you know if there are any new
developments.

Pat

==
Patrick Kelly
Director of Computer Facilities
==
Faculty of Architecture and Planning
Dalhousie University
==
PO Box 1000 Stn Central                5410 Spring Garden Road
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2X4           Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2X4
Canada                                 Canada
==
Phone:(902) 494-3294    FAX:(902) 423-6672   E-mail:patrick.kelly@dal.ca
==

--Apple-Mail-142--755779768

[...]