[NatureNS] Dark phase Juvenile Snow Goose and Ringed Turtle Dove

From: "James Hirtle" <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 03:04:52 +0000

I picked up a picture today from our local paper, that a lady dropped off
for me, which showed a dark phase juvenile snow goose.  This picture was
taken over the past week and the bird had been in Middlefield.

Today while I was at work a woman from Bridgewater phoned to say that there
was a ringed turtle dove at her property.  This person is to phone me back
and I will get more information on the bird.  I will also check on whether
the bird is banded or not and if it stays around hopefully I can get some
pictures if there are no bands.  I suspect it is a domestic bird though as
it was said to be tame.

James R. Hirtle
Dublin Shore

Find a local pizza place, music store, museum and more…then map the best
route! Check out Live Local today!  http://local.live.com/?mkt=en-ca/